Sunday, March 19, 2006

Gallon Of Milk A Day Dangerous



"Ecce homo" is a post written last Thursday. I did not want to put it online but I forgot the reasons for this reluctance. So here ...

Ecce homo

standing near the cash register, waiting for my turn.
I hold in my hands a small transparent container with a few lettuce leaves. This reality seems suddenly so grotesque that, while listening to the insipid chatter of the two previous clients for me, I leave escape my mind.
I think my state of Rights:

Ecce homo.

so many millions of years of evolution to achieve this result shocking ...
On reflection I have not changed much since the days when I traveled on foot, hunched, the lands of Africa. The posture is certainly right, but the needs are the same: Eat, sleep, kiss. The order does not matter.
The world, it has changed.

In progress we revere all, we need comfort and safety.
Comfort and Safety ...
promised freedom, true, we are still waiting.

The greatest progress that I recognize is the lengthening of life expectancy. Should we
yet we rejoice? We are seeing more and more time at our inevitable decay, see our skin wilt, soften our bodies and our mental abilities inevitably decline.
Worse! We see, powerless, those we love, grow old and die at our feet. So we read in their eyes our own fear, our own end.

How many of us go out slowly, bedridden in a hospital claim, contemplating, day after day, the nice ass young nurses that we have the strength to honor? While passing on our tongues dry our toothless gums, then we vomirons this progress to longer term to our uselessness.

Ecce homo.

Back in my home, well away from my four walls, I eat this salad tastes without before I log on the net, one of many virtual channels of my prison Hi-Tech, this modern prison where I eat plastic and no more kisses.

Definitely my first African man is not far away.
Ecce homo
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment